Friday, September 4, 2009

Shevawn Day #1

Well, I must say that I wasn't quite able to enjoy a Dr. Pepper or oreos after getting the call from the doctor, but rather, I was at the end of my conference period at school and with all the preggo hormones, I just LOST IT! Sob city! I had a few friends try to cheer me up, but I was just bummed. I have been eating pretty well, and I was just concerned about 2 things:
1. How was this going to effect the baby?
2. How could I handle one more thing on my plate this year? School has been rough this year, and I will say the occasional dessert was helping me get through it with a little more ease.

I will say that I have an amazing husband. If you know the McSpaddens (us and the rest of the fam), you know that we like to eat! We even watch a lot of shows about food. I heart Paula Deen, and I can make some mean enchiladas. The fact that my sweet husband would sacrifice his own meals (not just when I eat, but when we are apart), really means a lot to me. It really affirms how much we are in this together. I love him!

Anyway, Mark and I had to go to the hospital for our Birthing class, so we decided to get dinner at Tin Star. Also, we opted to eat out b/c all of the food at home wasn't "diabetic" friendly. So, like Mark, I had the 1 taco plate w/ a chicken taco (I can't remember the #) but it was a lettuce wrapped taco with chicken, pico, a few diced potatoes, and a sprinkle of parm cheese. Mark was so sweet to do research for a bit before we ate, so he knew what we needed to stay away from for the most part... sadly it was most difficult for me to part with chips and not get my fav. taco- the executive which has fried onion strings. But I will say that we were both satisfied with dinner, and we both felt like these are changes for the better.

I told Mark, what if this happened to me now b/c in the future, one of use would have had Type II Diabetes, so this is preventative for both of us, now?? I am trying to think postitively. I mean, as American's we have such access to crappy food. I'm kind of glad that something is making us "pay attention" now.... At least I'm saying that for now. When the baby showers come and I can't eat my own cake or desserts, I may be singing a different tune. :)
It's all for McBaby Girl... I want her to know how much she matters to us. So, away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment